Buying a company requires planning!
4 important areas to consider when planning company acquisitions
Our role is to ensure that the following questions are thoroughly highlighted in the process between Seller and Buyer:
- Is there a market for the item, within Sweden or internationally?
- What does the company’s market look like after an acquisition?
- Pitfalls that others have fallen into. Competitors or colleagues?
Strategies for executing a transaction
- When is it right in relation to the company’s situation, the owner’s age etc?
- Valuation models – return versus net asset value?
- Valuation of real estate and other fixed assets?
- What are the key ratios?
- Which negotiation and selection strategy are best for us?
What must be ready?
- Are there financial resources to complete the acquisition?
- Financing, payment models and capital management
- How do you manage the company’s management, are they important to the company’s operations?
The integration processes
- Integration of staff – can be likened to a group appointment.
- Common culture and values are important.
- Flows and finances are to be aligned to create synergies.